The Coventry University Group embraces the need to create vocational opportunities for learning on and off the job, enhancing the learning of new skills to drive staff capability and excellence.
We are a leading Institution committed to developing talent for our staff, the Coventry University Group recognises the need to invest in their own people. As part of our training and development offer, we are delighted to launch a new programme as part of our suite of Management and Leadership Apprenticeships. The Apprenticeship through assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviours allows staff to gain a professional qualification. Candidates will gain an industry recognised Management Diploma at Level 5 and professional recognition through the Chartered Management Institution (CMI).
This programme will start in January 2019 and is specifically designed to provide access to development opportunities for as wide a range of individuals as possible. This includes individuals who are at the start of their career and who wish to take their first steps into professional management, as well as those who may have already developed practical experience but who wish to develop their theoretical understanding of management skills.
Who is it for?
The programme is aimed at staff who manage teams or projects and are responsible for achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives as part of the organisations Coventry University group strategy. Participants will be expected to commit to a 2 year programme of study with a minimum of 20% off-the-job training. Programme delivery will be a certain volume of day release per module. Participants will be expected to manage their workload effectively whilst taking part in a demanding programme of study.
Content and Features
The programme will include content on a variety of module areas to include:
- Personal Development as a Manager & Leader
- Information Based Decision Making
- Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Organisational Financial Management
- Managing Recruitment, Selection and Induction
- Project Management and Control
- Business Project
In order to apply for the programme you should:
- Have successfully passed your probationary period
- Be a permanent member of staff
- Be an aspiring manager or have assumed line management responsibility within the last 12 months
- Have 2 A levels, or equivalent, or extensive demonstrable work experience.
- Be located in England (due to Apprenticeship guidelines)
- Through the Apprenticeship Qualification Support Policy (available on the People Gateway), outline that you have understood the commitment and expectations of the programme. It is expected that this is discussed as part of dialogue with line managers upon commencement.
English and maths
As part of the assessment plan laid out in the Apprenticeship standard, apprentices without an equivalent level 2 in English and maths (i.e. grades C or above) will need to achieve this level, prior to taking the end point assessment.
If you haven’t achieved a prior attainment, Functional Skills will need to be studied in addition to the programme. Provision will be put in place to support staff members who need to achieve their equivalent level 2 English and maths.
How to Apply
Look out for Discovery Day awareness events via Staff Communications, as we launch different levels and occupational areas.
It is recommended that potential apprentices who are interested, also bring their line manager to the Discovery Day session, as part of awareness and insight into the structure and delivery of the apprenticeship.
If you have any questions, in the meantime, please contact: Apprenticeships.email@example.com